What is a Dental Prosthetist?
A Dental Prosthetist deals only with the making of dentures and mouthguards. Martin Dunn is a very experienced Dental Prosthetist with over 30 year's experience in prosthetic dentistry. He is specifically trained in the design, construction, fitting and adjustment of complete and partial dentures.
Martin is the only person you will be talking to who makes your dentures. You will have individual attention and your dentures will be made on the premises in his specialised laboratory, not sent away to another location where you and your personal preferences are unknown. As this is the core of his business, he'll have the time to sit down with you and discuss your individual needs. You can bring photos to show the smile you want him to replicate.
Any features which are unique to you such as a gap between teeth can be worked in for you. Martin gives you time to choose a shade of tooth which suits your colouring and matches your natural teeth. Before the final processing, a try-in will be arranged, allowing for alterations if desired. The end product is one that enables you to smile with confidence.
When should you see Martin?
- If your dentures have become loose and you are having difficulty retaining them.
- If you are experiencing pain when wearing your dentures.
- If any of the teeth on your dentures have become worn.
- If any of the teeth on your dentures have broken off or the denture itself needs repairs.
- If it is 2 years or more since you have had your dentures professionally checked. Over time it is natural for some bone and tissue resorption to occur. We recommend you have a regular check-up of your mouth and dentures every 2 years to ensure that you have good oral health and your dentures remain well fitting.
- Disabled access for wheelchairs, difficulty in negotiating stairs? This can be organised by phoning my Secretary, Adrienne on 9418 4922.